Monday, May 8, 2017

English Class Review

Senior Honors English Class review


These choices influenced my experience positively, as being given the choice to do a project the way i would like it to be done, whether it be a powerpoint, or a cool song, I was granted the freedom to think outside of the box and do it as I please.


I was able to enjoy reading on Fridays, where we given free read time. I was able to finish an interesting and informing book on Grit, and this gave me a great idea of what it means to persevere and show great work ethic as it will always lead to success in everything I do.


I read a little bit more in and out of school than in past years, as we were forced to read on fridays. Although i enjoyed reading on fridays, I’ve never read that much in class in past years.


Yes, I feel that some of my writing and revisions were authentic. Some of them were just done as I simply went through the motions, not really putting forth my best efforts, however a lot of them I feel like I put in authentic effort into them.


Yes, I feel like we had a lot of choice in controlling our learning experience throughout this year. One specifically that I loved, was the project at the end of the year for our book club books, where we could do whatever we would like for a project. We chose to make a song, a very good song at that. We were able to create a beautiful rhyme scheme over a captivating beat, and produce one of the best musical pieces of 2017.

To enhance the experience of students in the future in terms of the curriculum, you could try to do more engaging projects and fun activities having to do with Hamlet, as I often found myself dozing off at Shakespeare’s old english. More engaging activities could get more people involved in the curriculum and have them to actually enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment