Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Final Blog post

This year in English particularly I have had a positive experience I have read a lot and personally sometimes it was overwhelming to have to read 2 books in one night. Hamlet for me personally was the book that I gravitated towards, it was a positive experience for me reading it all because it was not cut and dry it had substance. The idea of doing blog posts instead of formal essays I think was a huge bonus for me personally. It also allowed me to enjoy what I was reading rather than worry about having to read it just to spew out an essay at the end of the book. It was refreshing for once to have an English teacher change things up in a genuine way; I feel that a lot of English teachers just try to spew out their curriculum and not be genuine in teaching it and that was not the case this year. In recent years I definitely read more in school just because of school assigned books and that I do other things outside of school like listen to music and watch movies. especially senior year because of all the activities that we want to take part in. I did feel that i had a certain level of control senior year English because of the independent reading and things like that. We coukld have watched more movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment