Friday, May 5, 2017

Final Blog Post

Maxwell Waters

The choices made throughout the year in English class influenced me in a positive way. Never have I ever had an English class so innovative. Typically my classes have always been so teacher centric, but this year the focus was more on the students. I was able to choose my own books.

I enjoyed reading my group independent reading book Marcelo in the Real world by Francisco X Stork. The novel was so interesting, and between my partner and I we were able to have quality discussions based on what we read during the book club meetings.

This year opened my eyes to reading more outside of school, on my own time. Before reading always seemed as a homework assignment where there were specific pages, and homework due dates, but these independent readings allowed me to choose.

Editing my work I felt like it was authentic because I felt like anything that I revised was not effecting my content, however the style of how I wrote something had changed. My writing this year was more about how I should write a piece, rather than fixing ideas.

Yea there were a lot of moments I had control of my own learning.When I was reading Hamlet my group and I made a fake instagram poster, which I enjoyed very much because we got to relate Shakespeare to a modern day form of social media.

The past poetry project was completely on my own, I researched a topic and was able to research about my poet Thomas Hardy. In my opinion I really enjoyed English this year, if there was to be anything I would like to change it would be managing all the projects and books we were reading. There was a point where I was reading Hamlet, and two independent reading books at the same time which I thought was stressful.      

No comments:

Post a Comment