Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Final Blog Post
Throughout the year, I was delighted about doing the independent reading because it helped me learn about my preferences of books. I was really able to explore and read as I pleased without feeling like I was being forced to actually read one. It was a nice leisure from any actual school work. In school, I have never really been a big fan of English classes because we are forced to read books that we barely understand half of the time. I did not mind writing essays because I like the see different perceptions about the book. Simply not the actual book.
The books I read influenced my experience in a positive way because it helped me find what I enjoy and what I consider a good read. I have always liked reading but never had the time to do so. I’ve been occupied with many difficult tasks this year so having free time was a challenge for me. Doing this once a week helped me actually read a book that made me feel all types of emotions. It was a positive distraction from the stress of school this year.
I have definitely read a lot more this year due to me being able to expand the horizon. I was introduced to many books, in school and out of school by friends. I was shown many lovely poetry books that i really adored. Those books really changed my perspective on the world and opened my mind. My writing experience has felt more real because it is truly coming from my opinion and not a specific topic or book. It was more raw in a way, there was not necessarily any point to hit or a standard to be held to. Most of the time I was able to construct my thoughts out onto paper. Also with editing, because you took the time to talk to us personally and helped me understand what aspects my writing was lacking.
This year i felt like I definitely had more control over what I learned this year. The past years there was a strict curriculum, and I really liked my teachers the past years but it was just very boring. You gave me many options despite there being a set curriculum. This year felt a lot easier than the other years. The work was a lot more manageable. One thing i enjoyed was the book club but not the final project. It was kind of hard to not do a set project on a book that was boring. But overall I enjoyed the book club. I thought you did really well and I would not change anything about your curriculum. It was very simple and easy to handle with the whole year. Thank you for making me enjoy English this year and not making it stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment