Monday, May 8, 2017

Final Blog Post


Val Mamish
5/5/17
English 12H



Review on Independent Reading 


In my opinion, I feel these choices influenced me in a positive way because each book was a little different. I learned a new skill from each project or assessment. Also which each book I learned something new with the discussions we had or the presentations that other students did. I liked choosing better because having more options made it easier to understand the assessment also.

I enjoyed reading while we read "Laughter in the Dark". I enjoyed reading that book because I understood the text and the plot never got boring. I also enjoyed having discussions about the book which made me like the novel even more because everyone was engaged in the conversation. I also liked the book club books because my book was very interesting and since I had the chance to choose from many options, it made me enjoy reading also. During "Hamlet", however, I did not enjoy reading the play only because I never really understood the text. But when it comes to Shakespeare I never really enjoyed his writing.

I think I read more inside and outside of school this year really because I enjoyed the majority of the books we read. Especially since there was a handful of books that we read only inside of the school. In the past years we would only read outside of school, so the in school reading was little to none.

Yes, I did feel like I had a choice in English. For example, the book club books we had up to 11 different books with different themes and genres. This gave me a choice in the type of book that I wanted to read. I think "Laughter in the Dark" went well because I really understood the text, which made it easier when doing the final assessment, and when we had discussions I was more interested in the conversation because it was a novel that I really enjoyed.

I think my blogs for independent reading was "authentic" because each post was my opinion and my opinion only. But other than that I felt that the rest of my writing was not really authentic because I needed to follow an outline. Even though there was an outline for the blog post, I felt as if I had more freedom to move it around with a way I pleased.

Something that you could have done differently in class would be maybe not to do so many things at once. At one point in could really confusing. It wasn't necessarily stressful, but it maybe would have been easier to understand if we weren't doing more than one assessment at once. Other than that I thought I had a good time in English this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment