Friday, May 5, 2017

2017 English Class Review

Hallie Melville

I appreciate the choices that we had available in English class this year because I was able to focus on subjects and genres that I found interesting. I was able to enjoy reading most of the time, especially with the books Laughter in the Dark and Marcelo in the Real World. I enjoyed Oedipus and other plays when we read aloud in groups, but not so much when we had to independent read because I found it difficult to follow what each character was saying in my head.

I definitely did a lot more reading than I normally did in any other English class because we were usually reading multiple books at once, which was overwhelming at some points. I would not have it any other way though, because I always had a book to fall back on if I did not like one of the ones we were reading. One of my proudest moments in this class was my Reviving Ophelia essay, I felt that it was well organized and true to my feelings.

Throughout the year, most of my learning was set but I definitely had some wiggle room to choose topics that I found interesting, with the Friday independent reading in particular. I do not mind having what I learn chosen by the teacher because that is what I am used to. For me, I will find anything exciting and interesting if the teachers excitement shows through their teaching. A classroom activity that I enjoyed would have to be the "agree" and "disagree" survey before we read Hamlet. I liked giving my opinion and seeing how it compared to others. Overall, I found this class fun, interesting, and fairly easy as long as I did my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment