Monday, May 8, 2017

Reflection for Senior English

 The choices we had in the classroom did influence me in a positive way that it allowed me learn of authors I’ve never heard of and want to read more of that author’s work. It also got to think deeper about the literature such as Oedipus. I had to think if we are in charge of our faiths or that no matter what we do can’t change our faiths like how Oedipus’ parents tried doing. They knew that their son would kill the father and marry the mother so in order to avoid that they gave him away to another family but Oedipus still ended up killing his father and marry his mother as well as having children with her.

 For some of the books i enjoyed reading them because they weren’t the usual type of books i would read such as Laughter in the Dark. This book had a certain element to it where it’s twisted but funny at the same time. As well as having karma come after a certain character betrayed his wife and daughter. It was nice reading book that I wouldn’t typically decide to read on my own time.

  I believe that I’ve read more both in and outside of school than I have had in the past.  In the past I would rarely read any books outside of school unless I had to but this year I read my independent book outside of school. The independent books that I’d chosen were captivating to me that I would be reading them before I go to bed or before I go to school. My writings and revising were authentic because I wrote how I felt about the books I’ve read and my point of view.

 I do feel like I did have some control over my own learning since we were able to decide how we wanted to present our books whether it was a poster,song,activity, alternative version/ending,and videos. The project where we were able to come up with a way to show the other groups what our book was about for the book clubs. This was a fun activity because we were able to do anything,there really wasn’t any limits. We got the chance to decide how we wanted to represent our books which showed our creative ways and personality.

 What could have been differently to enhance my experience would probably be instead of writing blog posts about our independent books we talk about our books like how we did with the book club books.

No comments:

Post a Comment