Sunday, May 7, 2017

English 12 Review

Ty Campana


 I feel that the choices given to us in this year of English influenced my experience in a positive way. I liked having the choices because I find that I have a lot more motivation to do work when I am genuinely interested in the topic. Throughout the year we got to choose from different types of books which I liked because I got to choose the genre that I was most interested in and could connect to the most. I am the type of student that puts out my best work when I am interested in the topic that I am reading and the choices that were given to me really helped that.

When we were reading Laughter in the Dark I really enjoyed reading because not only was it was somewhat of an easy read but I really liked the plot of the story and it kept my attention throughout the novel. I also really liked that we got to read whatever books that we wanted on Fridays because I had the freedom to choose my story that I wanted to read.

This year I defiantly feel like I read a lot more both in and outside of school this year. We were reading multiple books at a time which I did find a little bit difficult. I usually don't really read outside of school but this year since not only was I reading a book that interested me at all times, I also had to write a blog post about it which really encouraged me to read more.

I think that the blogs that I posted were authentic because it was a book that I was submerged in and all you really told us to do was say our opinion on it which really gave me the freedom to say my true feelings about the book.

I do feel that I had some control over my learning experience in the classroom this year because in past years teachers assign us a book and a project and make us follow very detailed instructions. This year not only did we get to choose our books most of the time but we also got to choose our projects. Even when we had to do a project on an assigned book we got too have the freedom to choose what kind of project we wanted to do which I really liked. If I had to choose one thing that went well in the classroom this year I would choose the whole Laughter in the Dark unit again because I really enjoyed the book and loved doing projects on the characters in the book. I also really liked how we were a very close class and I feel like that is partly due to how you always make everyone comfortable to share their thoughts, I felt like nobody was afraid to say anything at any times which I really liked.

If there was one thing that I would have done differently I would say that the participation grade was really heavy and I felt like I was obligated to share a thought because I didn't want my grade to go down even if I didn't necessarily have anything to say on the topic. Overall I really enjoyed English this year and I feel like I have learned a lot of valuable things.



No comments:

Post a Comment