Monday, February 6, 2017

Do you believe in destiny?

Beatle Meets Destiny
Gabrielle Williams


Do you believe in destiny? In the 46 pages I've read In Beatle Meets Destiny, Beatle, which is a nickname for John Lennon, meets Destiny randomly at the tram stop. He has no clue who she is, but he still decides to say something to her. They hang out for the rest of the night and they both seem very interested in each other. Her friends, however, are concerned because Destiny does not really know Beatle as well as she says she does, so they are mainly concerned for her safety.

After reading 46 pages I've seen a lot of each character. Destiny seems to be really interested in Beatle because he's not like most guys she has been with, "'Finally I've met my Destiny.' 'I feel like you're my Destiny.' 'Does this mean we're destined to be together?' Most of the crap lines in the world, she'd heard. So it was refreshing to meet a guy who didn't spin some cliche as soon as he heard her name"(21). And for the rest of that chapter Destiny talked a lot about Beatle. However, this is surprising because they have just met each other so one wouldn't think that Destiny would be so interested in Beatle. Beatle has not really talked about Destiny yet, I think he will later in the story. Cleary there is a connection with the two main characters and their names and I feel like I will find out later in the story and see the connection. I know they already explained the connection between both of their names, however, I feel as if it was not a consequence that they both met.

 I'm interested to see what will happen later in the story because Destiny seems to care a lot about what her friends think, "Destiny had a vague feeling that is was wrong to dump her friends for a boy/ But when Beatle asked if she wanted to go and do something after he'd finished his shift at the coffee shop, well what's a girl supposed to do? 'That's brilliant,' she said" (31). Even though she still has been hanging out with Beatle I think she will end up breaking up with him for her friends. I honestly think this because being a teenage girl a lot of girls value their friendship with their friends over a boy. Even though they had a really good connection at first I think that her friends will get too involved in the relationship. Meaning that they will try to informally break up the relationship for Destiny's own safety because of the way they met. Destiny thinks she knows Beatle really well, but they really only have known each other for about a week.

If I had to recommend this book to a certain age group it would most likely be to teenagers, especially because the main characters are 18 years old. Also, the book so far has a great romantic setting that teenage girls seem to like when they are reading a book. The way they met so randomly and atomically connected, is what a lot of teenage girls I would think are interested in reading about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment