Thursday, March 2, 2017

What happens when everyone is gone?

Limetown, a creepy fictional podcast hosted by Lia Haddock. It is a series of short episodes going into depth of an extremely peculiar case where everyone from a small town disappeared all at once. This is suspense filled and thrilling to listen to. It kept me interested the whole time and made me eager to continue to listen to every little detail the story teller told. The genre is a mix of mystery and sci-fi. The story unfolded sort of slowly, but explained all the key elements well. They add creepy music in the back round to add the scary base line. The author does ramble on about the story, but I never got tired of listening to her, which can usually happen to me when listening to audio books and podcasts. The author doesn't have so much technique, but she keeps the reader on their toes by throwing hints to what happens at the end... In my opinion, this podcast is an easy listen, and relaxing yet still thrilling; not to the point where I cannot sleep at night, but still scary.
I am able to understand the characters and understand personalities more into depth. I like how Lia interviewed family and other people connecting to this mess. I have only listened to the first season, which is clear and broken up into 6 different sections. This is not too time consuming or confusing. This is a disappearance of three hundred people from one town. On the night that this terrible and puzzling thing that had happened there are recorded Police reports and calls that were made while this was going down. But, the Police in Limetown did not make it in time, and when they arrived everyone was gone, houses were empty and questions were never answered.
For me, I sort of related this podcast to Serial, it had similar aspects as to how the story was told.
The author was mostly energetic through the entire season. My favorite part was listening to the snippets of the police calls. I had the chills listening to the helpless people of Limetown. I give this a 9/10 and would most definitely recommend this for podcast listeners, and others who usually enjoy watching scary movies or reading horror stories. Even without pictures, I had vivid images throughout this podcast.


No comments:

Post a Comment