Friday, November 4, 2016

Romantic Time Travel


The Time Traveler's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger
If you had a chance to time travel, would you? In the 26 pages I've read of The Time Traveler's Wife, Henry and Claire have met in the library and Claire knew a lot more than Henry did. Henry was really confused and wanted to get to know her more so he asked her to dinner. After dinner, Claire later finds out that Henry has a girlfriend, however she is set on being with them. The next chapter travels back to 1968 to when Henry was young.. and that's where I left off. 

As of now I've seen more of Claire and her personality than Henry. She is a very strong minded person, and she is set on Henry being "hers". After she finds out that Henry has a girlfriend she says, "Well, whoever you are, I'm here now. You may be Henry's past, but I'm his future"(18). When she said that I was just a tad bit more concerned because on her and Henry's date she had a story for him and knew everything about him. I haven't connected with any characters, mostly because I have only gotten a real feel on Claire. 

Surprisingly, I'm really interested in the book because as you keep reading you want to see what happens back in present time. Once it goes to 1968, Henry is 5 and it's all about what he did for his birthday, "We saw so much that day: the butterflies, to be sure, cases and cases of them, from Brazil, from Madagascar, even a brother of my blue butterfly from Down Under"(24). I didn't like this part very much, and I think it's mainly because I wanted to see what happens back in present time. 

I was somewhat confused because I didn't get what the story went back in time to Henry being a child. But at the same time I wanted to keep reading because I knew it was going to connect with Claire at some point. 

After reading 26 pages, I would recommend this book to defiantly teenagers. Teenage girls to be exact, I feel as if every teenage girl loves a romantic book to get a read on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment